Written By: S. Palazzolo
A REUSABLE BAG
Will save 6 bags a week, 24 bags a month, 288 bags a year, 22176 bags in an average lifetime.
- The consumption rate of plastic bags is now estimated at well over 1 trillion annually or almost 2 million per minute.
- Plastic bags cause over 100,000 sea turtles and other marine animal deaths every year when animals mistake them for food.
- Paper sacks generate 70% more air and 50 times more water pollutants than plastic bags.
- The impact of paper bag production on forests is enormous. For example; in 1999, 14 million trees were cut to produce the 10 million paper grocery bags by Americans that year.
- Americans will purchase an estimated 50 billion single-serve plastic water bottles this year.
- Only 23% of those bottles are recycled.
- 17 million barrels of oil is used annually to produce plastic water bottles for America alone; enough to fuel some 1.3 million vehicles for a year.
Go green and help reduce your environmental impact.
Want to learn more? Visit: